Monday, September 11, 2006

Marvelous Trip to Europe

By Hikari KAWACHI

A second year kokusai student went to Europe for 1 week. I interviewed one of the students who went on the trip. Her name is Erika. She spent about 70000 yen in 1 week. She said that it was an expensive trip for a high school student. The weather in Europe was between fall and winter. When she came back to Japan, she said that she was surprised with the hot and soggy weather. There is some difference between Europe and Japan because of the long distance. "It took about 12 hours to go there and a time difference of 8 hours. It made me crazy!!!" said Erika. But she had a lot of fun events. One of the best parts of the trip was the free time. She enjoyed shopping and watching many old buildings with her friends. She enjoyed the foods to. She ate traditional food made out of potatos. It is a kind of pie. And she ate some Chinese food in Paris. I thought it was odd but she said, "it was tasty then I thought.” "In Europe there is not any Japanese food so I miss it,” she said. They do not eat rice! The staple food is bread. She said that she ate a lot but she did not gain weight .I think because she walked everyday for a long time. In Europe, many people speak English but she said it was hard to understand what they were talking about. I asked her, "What part of the trip did you had difficulties in?” She answered,” I had troubles in, of course, speaking English and when I was lost, was very nervous but the people in Europe wer very kind so I was able to get back.” Was there a convenience store or fast food?" I asked. She said, "yes, there was quit a few convenience stores and a McDonalds and Kentucky Fried Chicken.” She said that she had lots of fun times and many new things to learn so she wants to visit Europe again.