Monday, September 11, 2006

A Small GIANT

By Maki FUJII


"Dream as if you will live foever. Live as if you will die today.' These words were said by a man who was the youngest actor in Hollywood. James Dean. His real name is James Byron Dean and he was born in 1931 in Indiana in the U.S. He was in the drama club when he was a university student. After he quit the university he entered in an actor's studio in New York. He only played in 3 movies in his life, but he became famous, and he led the fashion for young people. Jeans came into fashion among young people because of him. Jeans were work clothes for workers. James Dean wore jeans as a fashion in his movie. "Only I can feel I'm perfect when I'm in the car race." James Dean really liked car racing more than anything. His own car was a Porsche Spider. In 1955, he departed this life at the age of 24. It was in a car accident. I have my favorite words that he said, "Only the gentle are ever really strong."