Friday, September 01, 2006

The World will ROCK You?


By Ayumi SAWADA

Do you like music? Do you LOVE music? I do. I just can’t live without it. Music is great because it’s always there when you need it. Music has never betrayed me. It expresses your feelings, when you are sad, happy, fr4strated…etc. What kind of music do you like? Pop. Hip hop. reggae, surf, country, emo, metal, ska, trance? My favourite music is rock. I have liked rock since I was 13 years old. I love going to Tower Record and buying heaps of CDs and I love going to gigs with my friends. It’s just a awesome feeling!

This time I’d like to talk about a couple of big rock festivals in Japan. The first one is called “Summer Sonic”, which is on the 12th and 13th of August this year. Summer Sonic will be held in Tokyo and Osaka. Many bands (more than 50 bands I think) are invited to this festival. There are about 5 or 6 stages for each place. The bands are mostly from other countries such as America or the U.K. A few Japanese bands or singers come as well. They announce the new bands which are coming to the festival many times so there are more and more bands coming as the days pass. That means you might get an opportunity to see your favourite bands!! This is the 7th time this year. It’s about 12 hours a day. Isn’t it HOT!? I’m going to this festival this year!!

The second one is “Fuji Rock Festival”. It is also a big rock festival in Japan. it will be held on the 28th, 29th and 30th of July this year. More than 100 bands for 3 days they say!! This will be held in Nigata prefecture, which is a little countryside and the concert will be held in a ski resort. So you will see a lot of nature. They have about 10 stages. They have many bands from other countries and Japanese bands as well.

So why don’t you join those festivals if you like rock? It is a bit expensive and far but I’m sure it’s worth it! I’m joining Summer Sonic this year myself for the first time. I’m so happy and I can’t wait! They will ROCK YOU!!!!!