Friday, December 02, 2005

What Students Did Over the Summer

By Junpei NISHIKAWA and Masayuki NAGAYA

Summer vacations are long and Masayuki and I wondered what students at NIHS did over their summer vacation. We carried out a school survey to find out.

Our first question was "What did you do in the summer vacation?" 108 students answered: "I went out with my friends." So, most students were not alone. It looks like everyone has good friends at this school.

Some of students said: "I went to the Nagashima amusement park." I’ve been to there once and I thought that is the best theme park in Japan.

49 students said that they studied at home. What diligent students! I didn’t think many students would study over the summer vacation, but the students who answered, studied very hard. They’ll definitely get better grades after the summer vacation.

81 students said they went on a trip somewhere. Some of them answered: "I went to Okinawa." When I read that I was envious because I didn’t go anywhere. I wish I could go abroad over the summer vacation. China or Canada would be nice. Anyway, many students went somewhere. They must have had a good time.

68 students answered: "I had a part-time job." Some of them wrote: "I worked everyday." They are hardworking and probably earned a lot of money.

46 students stayed at home all the time. They had no plans. Some of them said they just played video games. I hope they will have a better summer vacation next year.

We also asked the students: "What is your best memory from your summer vacation?"
One student answered: "I went to Disneyland with my family." I went there too. It was a wonderful memory for me as well.

So, most of students had a pleasant summer vacation and made many happy memories.